Saturday, June 9, 2012

Plane in the Clouds

...I watched as her plane disappeared into the clouds returning her to China, knowing I’d never see her again. Strained longings attacked me as I sat in the airport recalling her last wave “good bye.”  No longer able to delay the floods of grief, I burst into a blizzard of tears as if I was on some strange drug. I no longer had the power or initiative to hold it back. I looked around for aid but caught only the toxic stares of strangers, and I found the continual exposure to their hazardous glares to be no relief. My eyes were burning. Shooting out of the chair I had collapsed into, I thought some exercise would help get me unstuck from the terror of my loss. I wanted only closure. I jumped on the Metro and travelled down the interstate, getting off down by the dock. I wandered into a restaurant to plot a new target for my life seeking a separation from my failures. A busty waitress was making her way to my table and I could see she was no threat, so I thought I’d say something smart to break the ice.
   “How’s the pork sandwich here?” I queried.
   “Fine, if you don’t mind the Ebola virus,” she drilled back at me like lightning, flashing an electric smile as a sort of warning.
   “Hmm, I haven’t had a good case of food poisoning in a while. A little contamination is good for the soul, besides it doesn’t look like any of your other customers are sick,” I said feeling more enriched.
   “These guys are all regulars, they’re resistant, that keeps the deaths to a minimum,” she flirted back at me.
   “Just give me a glass of milk... hold the salmonella,” I said feeling less emotionally stuckOur eyes finally met and a feeling of security rushed over me.
   “I get off in 10 minutes,” she said invitingly.
   I felt a tremor move up my spine. I noticed an erosion of my earlier emotional crash. She just might be able to help me bridge over into a spiritual recovery and aid in the prevention of any suicidal incidents in the future.  “That sounds great!” I said in hopeful response. I pulled out my wallet and glanced inside to make sure I still had a Trojan in there, just in case the evening turned from human to animal...

(The highlighted words above represent key words used by the government to monitor Blogs, Facebook, etc. in their search for "terrorists"... have fun Homeland Security!)